Joyce. E. Maser
Rt 1, Box 50K
Drexel, MO 64742
10/89 to present - 1- JEM, Kansas City, MO, CEO
Business support service offering word processing (WordPerfect for Windows 8 and MSWord for Windows 6.0/7.0), use of dictaphone equipment for tape transcription, letters, resumes, term papers, company reports, theses, property descriptions for realtors, flyers, data entry, use of dictaphone equipment. This company is run on a Windows NT Server 4.0 networked system of which I am the Administrator. I maintain user profiles, groups, shares of drives and peripherals as well as installation of software.
7/92 to present - 2- Gentle Computing, Kansas City, MO, CEO
Administrative Assistant - Executive/Personal Secretary to the Vice President
This company offers web site hosting, computer consulting, sales, service, software setup, custom applications, upgrades, configuration, networks, data conversion and security.
** For both of the above positions my duties include customer service, facilities management, project & time managment, purchasing, inventory control, bookkeeping, appointment setting, marketing and sales as well as clerical duties.
7/91 to present - WarmFuzzys, Kansas City, Drexel, MO - President
Non-profit all volunteer organization dedicated to the care and control of the feral cat population as well as animal recue. We have adopted the TTVAR-M method (Trap, Test, Vaccinate, Alter, Release and Maintain) of feral cat control. This is the only proven and humane method of feral cat control.
Every cat is trapped, taken to one of our participating veterinarians to be tested for feline leukemia, spayed/neutered, and vaccinated for rabies and distemper. All the feral colonies we work with are fed and maintained on a daily basis.
WarmFuzzys objectives and goals are:
* Rescue and provide lifetime care for abandoned or abused dogs and cats, other animals as deemed appropriate by the board of WarmFuzzys;
* Maintain a fund for a spay/neuter assistance program;
* Maintain an active re-homing program for adoptable animals;
* Maintain a spay/neuter policy for all of WarmFuzzys animals, unless deemed a health risk by a veterinarian;
* Maintain an educational outreach program which may include, but not be limited to, newsletters, radio, television, and school programs;
* Emphasize the kinship of all life and rights of all animal species;
* Encourage foster care for animals in need;
* Humanely euthanize animals in cases of failed health, extreme pain, or when other health factors make it impossible for an animal to enjoy a reasonable quality of life; WarmFuzzys shall never euthanize animals to control the population of the sanctuary.
7/2000 to 4/2001 - Johns Apple Market - Customer Service Supervisor
Duties: overseeing the front of the store to ensure all operations are running smoothly, creation of break & lunch schedules to insure optimum floor & cashier coverage, check approval & cash handling, counting down & setting up tills, setting up of store deposits, issuance of refunds, gift certificates & money orders. Data entry into computer system of all cashier transactions for the day.
7/98 to 8/99 - Consolidated Stores, Inc., retail store located in Raytown, MO where I started as a Cashier; was promoted to the Customer Service Department within 2 weeks.
September, 1998 - promoted to Department Manager of Health & Beauty Aids, Electronics, Candles & Stationary.
Duties: total reorganization of those departments, keeping them well stocked with merchandise & setting up attractive displays for properly marketing those items to customers. I also have experience in unloading trucks on delivery days & pricing merchandise.
October 1998 - promoted to Customer Service Manager.
Duties: training of new cashiers & service desk personnel, overseeing the front of the store to ensure that all operations run smoothly, creating break & lunch schedules to insure optimum floor & cashier coverage, customer service, check approval & cash handling.
June 1 to 12, 1998 - assisted with the redesigning of the stores layout to accommodate a new furniture section that was being put into place.
June 13, 1998 - promoted to full time Bookkeeper & transferred to the Blue Springs Store for training. Duties include but not limited to: setting up tills, till pulls, deposits, change orders, bank reconciliations, input of write-offs, input of miscellaneous income, safe countdowns, etc.
9/81 to 9/89 - Happy Kids Family Day Care Center, PA., CEO
Owner/Operator with a staff of 1 full time person, 1 part time person.
* Operation was successful and profitable. State Licensed and Registered.
* Researched market conditions, implemented successful marketing plan.
* Organized accounting
* Designed and implemented training program
* Implemented appropriate nutritional program
* Worked with School district to implement appropriate early childhood education program
4/80 to 9/80 - Citibank Corp, Park Avenue, NYC
Senior Executive Secretary/Assistant Manager reporting to V.P. of Retail Marketing
* Organized and managed the administrative duties for the Vice President andDepartment Manager
* Screened and prioritized contacts to facilitate more effective time management
* Organized and directed department relocation
* Assisted in the development of ATM's
10/76 to 8/79 - Marine Midland Bank, Carle Place, LI, NY
Operations Assistant/Platform Secretary
* Cross-trained branch personnel in the administrative aspects of branch operations
* Represented the bank at Corporate social functions
* Established Corporate contacts and relationships for new business development
* Advised Corporate Accounts on direct payroll services and arranged a regional contact
* Maintained Corporate credit files...contacting business accounts for statements of credit history
for Commercial Lending department
* Conducted litigation inquiries for Commercial Lending
* Prepared input for monthly operations reports
* Opened and closed Personal and Corporate Demand Deposit and Savings accounts
* Controlled stop payments and handled branch account referrals
* Administered billing procedures
* Trained branch personnel in the use and application of CIF using CRT
10/73 to 8/76 - Manufacturers Hanover Trust Company, LI, NY
Platform Secretary/Assistant to A.V.P.
Responsible for maintaining commercial credit files, account opening and closing procedures, billing, preparing corporate financial statements
12/72 to 10/73 - General Instruments Corp., LI, NY
Secretary/Customer Relations Assistant
Customer relations liason between national accounts and company engineers. Prepared layouts and mechanicals for electronic technical manuals and brochures.
3/72 to 12/72 - Temporary Assignments
§ Iorio Machinery - Telephone Sales
§ Gottlieb Construction - Bookkeeper/Secretary
§ LILCO - Billing clerk
§ Levin and Flax, Attorneys - Secretary
§ Gulotta, Tully & Glavin, Attorneys - Secretary
9/90 - W. Chester University - Introduction to Word Perfect 5.0
9/85 - W. Chester University - Course on Child Care
7/78 - Marine Midland Bank - Computer Terminal Training
9/77 - American Institute of Banking - Bank Operations
6/72 - Regents Diploma, Oceanside H.S., LI - Business Major
East Side Little League, West Chester, PA. - Assistant Coach & Scorekeeper
Boy Scouts of America, West Chester, PA:
-1991 - Committee Chairwoman for son's Pack
-1992 - Promoted to District Level, Activities Committee
Boy Scouts of America, Kansas City, MO:
-1992/93 - Activities Committee, District Level
PASS (Professional Assoc. Of Secretarial Services)
NAFE - since 1995
Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000, XP
MSFrontPage 98, 2000
Quicken, Quickbooks (& Pro)
References furnished upon request.